Re: Visual Basic and PostgreSQL ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ryan Ho
Subject Re: Visual Basic and PostgreSQL ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ryan C. Bonham" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ok I have a problem, that I need to find a fix or workaround for. I have a
> Visual Basic 6 application that calls on a PostgreSQL database. I have code
> that calls a table and runs a loop on it, deleting recordsets until the
> recordcount equals a certain number.. The code deletes the records fine, the
> problem is the recordcount doesn't change.. Does anyone know what is going
> on and how to fix it?  Thank you
>
> Ryan

Having done a fair bit of VB programming (in VB 6), it seems to me that
recordcount is simply unreliable, no matter which database or which ODBC driver
you use... plain and simple. I remember not using recordcount at all in my VB
programming, and since i haven't done VB for 6 months, I can scarcely remember
what I used in its place.

Ryan