Re: Postgres User and Password - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fabrice Scemama
Subject Re: Postgres User and Password
Date
List pgsql-general
The hell with all this funk !
you should :
- su root
- cd /home/postgres/data/  (wherever your postgres is)
- configure at least *once* your pg_hba.conf

First time, you could set it up to trust everyone on your
network. Then, su postgres, modify users' passwords
(system table pg_user from database template1 -- or, any
existing database), then possibly choose to set up your
pg_hba.conf back with the secure options it certainly had
before. Anyway, RTFM.

--
"Le veritable egoiste  est celui qui ne pense qu'a  lui quand il parle
d'un autre." -- Pierre Dac

Attachment