Re: regression test failure on abstime - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: regression test failure on abstime
Date
List pgsql-general
> Trying a new 7.1.2 installation when running gmake check I get a failure at the abstime test. The regression.diffs
filecontains the following:
> -      | current
> Hints what's wrong?

Yes. When that regression test was written, July 20, 2001 was far in the
future, and there was concern about Y2K issues etc. There is an explicit
test for dates before a time on or around that date, and "current"
suddenly no longer passes that test!

No problem with your installation, and this is already fixed in current
sources.

btw, we are likely to drop support for "current" in the date/time types
in the next release for several reasons, not the least of which is that
it is a little- or never-used feature.

                   - Thomas