Re: autoincrement??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Szabo Zoltan
Subject Re: autoincrement???
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
try the serial type. This will create a sequence and add a default value to
collumn, which will auto increment your value.

Like:
 CREATE TABLE address (
          address_id serial  PRIMARY KEY ,
          street     VARCHAR(40),
          zipcode    INT,
          city       VARCHAR(40),
          country    VARCHAR(40)
 );

 INSERT INTO address VALUES('mainstreet 12', 85253, 'munich', 'Germany');

CoL:
col@econet.hu