Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Macdonald
Subject Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Vivek,

You can read the claim "Red Hat to support PostgreSQL" literally
or you can infer from the statement.  Yes, Red Hat's Support
organization will support PostgreSQL on RH Linux.  However, Red
Hat has also created a development group with full-time developers
to develop, advance and support the PostgreSQL product/project.

Cheers,
Patrick

Vivek Khera wrote:

> AB> Vivek Khera wrote:
> >> You assume I intend to run Linux at all...  This is not the case.
>
> AB> I am sorry but I couldn't help... What do you find of your interest in
> AB> this thread, then?
>
> The claim that "Red Hat to support PostgreSQL" appears to me a false
> statement.  They are not supporting PostgreSQL, they are supporting
> their version of PostgreSQL on RHL.  If you read the thread, you'd
> know that, since that was my original response to the original
> message.
>
> --
> Vivek Khera, Ph.D.                Khera Communications, Inc.
> Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-240-453-8497
> AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/

- Patrick