Compilation & Installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Namrata
Subject Compilation & Installation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi There,

I am using PostgreSQL on Solaris-8.
I am trying to use the library oc C/C++ which is compiled using GNU. I am trying to use that GNU compiled library with
theapplication which is being
compiled with FORTE/CC of version 5.2. My application is not getting compiled with it.
It is giving me the following errors.

/export/home/uxapps/forte/SUNWspro/bin/CC -I/uxapps/Postgres/postgresql-7.1/src/
include -I/uxapps/Postgres/postgresql-7.1/src/interfaces/libpq++ -I/uxapps/Postg
res/postgresql-7.1/src/interfaces -I/uxapps/Postgres/postgresql-7.1/src/interfac
es/libpq -I/uxapps/SSL/openssl/include -o btest2 btest2.cc -L/uxapps/Postgres/po
stgresql-7.1/src/interfaces/libpq++ -L/uxapps/SSL/openssl/include -L/uxapps/Post
gres/postgresql-7.1/src/interfaces/libpq -L/usr/local/lib -lpq++ -lstdc++ -lsock
et -lthread -lnsl -ldl
PgConnection::PgConnection #Nvariant 1(const char*)       btest2.o
PgConnection::~PgConnection #Nvariant 1()          btest2.o
const char*PgDatabase::GetValue(int,int)   btest2.o
int PgConnection::ConnectionBad() btest2.o
int PgDatabase::Tuples()         btest2.o
ExecStatusType PgConnection::Exec(const char*) btest2.o
int PgDatabase::GetLength(int,int)    btest2.o
const char*PgConnection::ErrorMessage() btest2.o
int PgDatabase::Fields()         btest2.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to btest2
make: *** [btest2] Error 1

Can anybody please help me on this.

As given in the document, it is necessary to compile the postgresl library using GNU make. But they have mentioned that
wecan use other compiler by
using "env CC=$PATH/CC ./configure". But this option is also not working in my case. I want to compile my postgresl
libraryusing FORTE CC but unable
to do it. so now I am trying to use GNU compiled library with my application which is being compiled with FORTE CC.

Please help me, I need urgent help on this.

Thanks in advance,
namrata.