libpgtcl and Tcl 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Horak Daniel
Subject libpgtcl and Tcl 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I have problem with compiling of libpgtcl in current snapshot of PGSQL.
I think, there is a problem with compatibility of Tcl versions 7.x and
8.x.

system=Linux 2.0.35, RedHat 5.1, Tcl 8.0.2

following items are from notes in Tcl 8.0
- Tcl_CreateFileHandler and Tcl_DeleteFileHandler now take Unix fd's and
are only supported on the Unix platform.

- The C APIs for creating channel drivers have changed as part
of the new notifier implementation. The Tcl_File interfaces have
been removed. Tcl_GetChannelFile has been replaced with
Tcl_GetChannelHandle. Tcl_MakeFileChannel now takes
a platform-specific file handle.

libpgtcl uses Tcl_File interfaces when compiling with Tcl >= 7.6. Simply
reversing the condition doesn't help.

Is anybody working on this problem? Or must we use Tcl 7.6?

                Thank you
                    Dan Horak