Re: postgresql 7.1.1 and textout and textin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: postgresql 7.1.1 and textout and textin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> trying to migrate production servers form 7.0.2 to 7.1.1 now I need to
> compile an function written in c
> I get following compile errors:
> c:82: warning: passing arg 1 of `textout' from incompatible pointer type
> line 82:  src = textout( src_string );
> any points to convert textout and textin to 7.1 ?

Look in src/backend/utils/adt/ for examples of functions called from
within other functions. You will want to upgrade to the new calling
convention for functions, and will need to use some macros and "direct
call" wrappers to accomplish this.

It is easy, you just need to match up an example with what you want. Let
us know if you don't find one and we can do some searching to suggest a
specific example...
                    - Thomas