problem with 010.pgsql.sh start - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Wun
Subject problem with 010.pgsql.sh start
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

When I finished running ./010.pgsql.sh start, then tried to run my php
script, it reports the following err msg:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDBStart() --
connect() failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster
                         running (with -i) at 'fastline' and accepting
connections on TCP/IP port 5432? in
/usr/local/apache/phplib/db_pgsql.inc on line 40

Database error: Link-ID == false, pconnect failed
PostgreSQL Error: 0 ()
Session halted.

I found that port 5432 is not being listening.

The following is the output of ps -axf | grep pg command:

root@fastline /<2>etc/rc.d # ps -axf | grep pg
  623  p2  I      0:00.03 /usr/local/bin/postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data (postgres)

My question is why port# 5432 is not running if the pgsql.sh start
running successfuly? unless the pgsql.sh start command failed.

Does anyone have any suggestion about this problem?

Thanks
Sam