Rule ON DELETE, to perform to DELETE querys ! - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Luis Sousa
Subject Rule ON DELETE, to perform to DELETE querys !
Date
Re: Rule ON DELETE, to perform to DELETE querys !  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
I have a view over a join of tables and when it's performed over the
view a delete i want to delete records in two different tables. The code
that i wrote was:

    CREATE RULE "deletetables" AS ON DELETE TO "tables"
         DO INSTEAD (
         DELETE FROM table2
                WHERE id = OLD.id;
         DELETE FROM table1
                WHERE id=OLD.id
           );

table2 references table1 by the field id only for update. I don't them
to be referenced by delete !

When i execute: DELETE FROM tables WHERE id=1; i got these message from
postgres:

        before or while processing the request.

The records exists in both tables !!!!!!!

This already happen with some of you ???? How can i do this ????

Thanks

Luis Sousa