Re: Upgraded to Red Hat 7.1, now my DB is toast? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Eric Walstad
Subject Re: Upgraded to Red Hat 7.1, now my DB is toast?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi JJ

When I start my postmaster without specifying the -D option I get the
same error.  Here's how I start mine (as user "postgres"):

postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i -d 2 -o "-d 2" >>
/path/to/log/file.log 2>&1 &

That's all on one line, of course.  The -D option specifies the location
of the data directory your postmaster is complaining about.

Hope that helps,

Eric.