users-lounge/docs/7.1/programmer/jdbc-lo.html - ERROR? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject users-lounge/docs/7.1/programmer/jdbc-lo.html - ERROR?
Date
List pgsql-docs
I have copied the code out of the source code but somehow the compiler
fails. There seems to be something wrong with the docs.
I am using PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on RedHat 7.1.

conn.setAutoCommit(false);
File file = new File("snapshot.bmp");
FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(file);
PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO images VALUES
(?, ?)");
ps.setString(1, file.getName());
ps.setBinaryStream(2, fis, file.length());
ps.executeUpdate();
 ps.close();
fis.close();

oconnect.java:20: setBinaryStream(int,java.io.InputStream,int) in
java.sql.PreparedStatement cannot be applied to
(int,java.io.FileInputStream,long)
                        ps.setBinaryStream(2, fis, file.length());
                          ^
1 error

    Hans