Re: [JDBC] Ant ??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rjtalbo
Subject Re: [JDBC] Ant ???
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Cramer wrote:

> Fortunately with java it doesn't matter where it is compiled, a jar is a jar
> ... I  just mentioned it in case there are problems

  I downloaded  ant 1.3-2   rpm   and manual of the same...
Starting reading the instructions and said maybe I'll use python or perl..
 Anyway I decided to roll a postgres install for my caldera 2.3 edesktop.
The configure went  ok but onthe make I got two errors
right after the  make confronted the python dir
make [4] ***  pgmodule.o  Error 1
make [4] leaving directory  '/usr/src/OpenLinux/postgresql-7.1 yada yada yada

make [3] *** [all ] Error 2

 The /usr/pgsql  dir is empty
the  /include/postgresql  is installed with header files which on ran a
seperate make on.
My ./configure  and make included  make with python and perl but not java....
This is too much like work sorting this out....
The Team Italia OS/2 made a beautiful 10 min self install and I was coding
PostgreSQL  in 15 min..
Postgres is elegant and powerful and DB2 is ponderous but DB2 and Sybase do
install easily..
I want my tools to install easily, like in the early eighties when we installed
Turbo Pascal and
dBase. The hard work should come into play after the install.. Somehow I
expected installs to to easier
in the new century..
 : ^  (   SIGH..           I getting  old..

Bob T