Re: Shared memory for RH Linux 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Poul L. Christiansen
Subject Re: Shared memory for RH Linux 7.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I think you still need to set your shared memory size, because my Redhat
7.1 gives me this:

[root@localhost kernel]# cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
33554432
[root@localhost kernel]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.2-2 #1 Sun Apr 8 20:41:30 EDT 2001 i686
unknown

I think shared memory is set this low for compatability reasons, but I'm
not sure.

Poul L. Christiansen