Re: IpcMemoryCreate - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Feite Brekeveld
Subject Re: IpcMemoryCreate
Date
List pgsql-general
Joakim Bomelin wrote:

> In Solaris 8, I get "IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1236992,
> 03600) failed: Invalid argument" when I try to start postmaster. I can
> see that I don't have enough shared memory, and that I should change the
> SHMMAX parameter in the kernel.
> I'm not really up for recompiling the kernel, since I'm kinda new to
> Solaris. Is there any other way to get rid of this error? I hope so :)

You can also bring down the number of allowed simultanous connection using
for instance -N 16 -B 32 at the commandline of the postmaster.

I have experienced the same thing on our Sun, this worked fine and is no
problem if you don't need that much connections.

Feite

> --
> Joakim Bomelin
> Gröna Verket AB