Re: BSD gettext - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alessio Bragadini
Subject Re: BSD gettext
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> This is a compilation of the BSD-licensed gettext tools from NetBSD plus
> some of my own code, put into a (hopefully) portable package, intended to
> be evaluated for possible use in PostgreSQL.  Give it a try if you're
> interested.  I've already tried it on FreeBSD, Linux, and Unixware, so
> don't bother with those.
I tried on Digital Unix 4.0f, using Digital cc:

Making all in gettext
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/bsd-gettext-0.0/gettext'
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
-DLOCALEDIR=\"/tmp/gettext/share/locale\" -I ../libintl   -g -c
gettext-main.c
cc: Severe: ../config.h, line 36: Cannot find file <unistd.h> specified
in #include directive. (noinclfilef)
#include <unistd.h>
-^
make[2]: *** [gettext-main.o] Error 1

Using gcc it breaks when linking against snprintf (this can be worked
around)

Hope it helps.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925