Re: SELECT from a table in another database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nils Zonneveld
Subject Re: SELECT from a table in another database
Date
List pgsql-general

Trygve Falch wrote:

> "Nils Zonneveld" <nils@mbit.nl> wrote in message
>
> > AFAIK cross database joins are not possible in PostgreSQL.
>
> Hi! Thanks for the answer.
>
> Actually I think I found 'Allow queries across multiple databases' in the
> TODO-list under something they call 'Exotic feature'. I thought that this
> feature was relativly basic and standard-feature in most DB's.
>
> Maybe I am exotic to need it. *sob*

I don't know what you are using those database for, but nothing prevents
you from letting your clients connect to the different databases the
same time.

I use for instance a MS Access front end (yes, I know but clients
request etc.) to connect to different ODDBC sources and t works just fine.

Another solution is of course to integrate the tables that you need in
your joins in one database.

HTH,

Nils