Re: Re: [GENERAL] Help: Change the SQL query length - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] Help: Change the SQL query length
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Tom Lane wrote:

> Marcos Cruz <Marcos.Cruz@iti.gov.br> writes:
> > I'm changing a database from Access'97 to PostgreSQL 7.1.1 and
> > found a query limit when a I have large text field into the SQL
> > insert.
>
> > The returned msg is like " query too long, length > 8191 octets"

Which version of psqlodbc driver are you using ?
The max query length is 65536 in the latest driver.
However

> Hm, I notice
>
> #define TEXT_FIELD_SIZE             8190        /* size of text fields
>                                                  * (not including null
>                                                  * term) */
>
> in src/interfaces/odbc/psqlodbc.h ...

the limit of a text field is 8190 as above.
It seems that the size must be set via psqlodbc driver option
setting but it doesn't seem to work properly now.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue