Oracle to pg update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles DAROLD
Subject Oracle to pg update
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Just to tell you that if you have dowloaded the previous version of
Ora2pg (tool to convert Oracle database to PostgreSQL) you must
try the new version. The previous one doesn't work as I expected.

Now I can test it with the Oracle Application DB and so test my
old poor perl code.

Here what it really does now, and todo :

            - Database schema export, with unique, primary and foreign key.

            - Grants/privileges export by user and group.
            - Indexes and unique indexes export.
            - Table or view selection (by name and max table) export.
            - Sequence exportation (todo).
            - Predefined function/trigger export (todo)
            - Data export (todo)
            - Sql query converter (todo)

If some of you can test it and give me reports and ideas it will be more
usefull and less buggy. I will try to do my best to implement sequence
and trigger the new week.

If anyone know if it's possible to know on witch table/column a sequence
is associated, couln'd find any tips on it.

New version can be download at :
http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ora2pg/ora2pg-1.2.tar.gz
or in /contrib/oracle/ when available.

Bruce can you update it. Thanks...