Help: Change the SQL query length - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marcos Cruz
Subject Help: Change the SQL query length
Date
List pgsql-general
HI,

I'm changing a database from Access'97 to PostgreSQL 7.1.1 and
found a query limit when a I have large text field into the SQL
insert.

The returned msg is like " query too long, length > 8191 octets"

The conection is done through the ODBC driver, with:
     text as LongVarChar
    Cache size = 100 (default)
     max VarChar = 254 (default)
     max LongVarChar = 65534 (changed)

The postmaster was running with default values.

If I use the psql utility into the server machine, I can insert the
record
successfully.

Has the postgresql_odbc or psqlodbc_07_01_005 any limitation with
regards
the query length?

The system frontend is running in Windows, and I need use ODBC to
connect
to the Linux server.

Thanks for any help!

Marcos Cruz
ITI - Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia da Informacao
Campinas - SP
Brazil