Re: 'current' timestamp chokes jdbc driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: 'current' timestamp chokes jdbc driver
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:

> Joseph Shraibman <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
> > If you set a timestamp field to be 'current' as per
> > http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/datatype-datetime.html#AEN322
> > jdbc chokes on selecting that value:
>
> 'current' is deprecated and is going to go away in 7.2 anyway (that's
> why it's undocumented).  So I'm not sure it's worth hacking JDBC to
> deal with it...

As long as it is there jdbc should be able to handle it w/o throwing an
Exception, and the jdbc drivers are expected to connect with old
versions of the database so it makes sense to leave the handling in
there permanently (but maybe with a comment).

And 'current' *is* documented, I gave the url above.

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net