Re: Updateable ResultSet - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: Updateable ResultSet
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Mike D'Agosta wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am brand new to this list. I looked through the mailing list archive,
> but couldn't determine if ResultSets are Updateable yet. I'm using some old
> drivers for pgsql-jdbc. Are there drivers out now that have Updateable
> ResultSets?

ResultSets can't be updatable because that would require the ResultSet
to lock the backend in a begin/end block, which means that if you used
the Connection to do something else while you had the ResultSet open you
might mess it up.  And since using a seperate new Connection would mean
forking off a new backed it is unreasonable to create a new connection
every time you need a ResultSet.

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net