Re: Packaging 7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Packaging 7.1.1
Date
Re: Packaging 7.1.1  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Seems like that stuff should be in CVS somewhere ... if only so someone
> else can pick up the ball if you get run over by a truck :-(.

My wife appreciates the sentiment :-).  As it stands now, better
documentation distributed in the source RPM would help greatly.
Everything necessary to do the build and maintain the package is in the
source RPM as it stands now -- evidenced by the Linux distributors being
able to take our source RPM, massage it to fit their particular system,
and run with it.  And I have a scad of history available in specfile
form....

> If it's just a small amount of code, I don't see what the harm would be
> in including it in the regular distro, though we should talk about just
> where it should go.  If it's a large amount of code then perhaps a
> separate CVS project would be better, so that people who have no use for
> it don't end up pulling/downloading it.

Not counting the JDBC jars, it's a hundred K or so uncompressed.  The
spec file is around 30k -- a small amount of code.

contrib/rpm-dist?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio