Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Roland Roberts
Subject Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   >> Well, arguably if you're setting up a database server then a   >> reasonable DBA should think about such
things...
   Bruce> Yes, but people have trouble installing PostgreSQL.  I   Bruce> can't imagine walking them through a newfs.

In most of linux-land, the DBA is probably also the sysadmin.  In
bigger shops, and those which currently run, say Oracle or Sybase, the
two roles are separate.  When they are separate, you don't have to
walk the DBA through it; he just walks over to the sysadmin and says
"I need X megabytes of space on a new Y filesystem."

roland
--            PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@rlenter.com                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B
rbroberts@acm.org                          Forest Hills, NY 11375