Re: data type casting to numbers with intval() or doubleval() - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Wesley Leonard
Subject Re: data type casting to numbers with intval() or doubleval()
Date
List pgsql-php
I think a regex would be most appropriate here:

<?php

$my_string = "mmm444";

$my_integer = intval(eregi_replace("[a-z]", "", $my_string));

print $my_integer;

?>

This removes all letters and takes the int value.  In perl you can remove
everything that's NOT a digit but I didn't figure that out in PHP yet...  this
should do for now.

l8er

--

Wesley Leonard
marshall@pacdemon.org

http://www.pacdemon.org
"...I want Linux to be on the cutting edge, and even a bit past the edge,
because what's past the edge today is what's on your desktop tomorrow."
    --Linus Torvalds