Re: Java Interface for postgres database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Poul Kristensen
Subject Re: Java Interface for postgres database
Date
List pgsql-novice
suhail sarwar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to build a java front end to my postgres database. I have the database, psql and jdbc setup correctly and
havemade various tables but I need to make a front end for data input and retreival.

> I am thinking of having a java program that asks a series of questions and inputs the details into the correct part
ofthe DB and once finished sends back an integer depending on the values input to the java program.

> The problem is that I don't know how to use sql commands within a java program and how to send back values from the
databaseto the java program. Does anyone know this?

> Any help much appreciated
>
> Regards

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Please look at the attached file.