Yacc / Bison difficulties - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Butler
Subject Yacc / Bison difficulties
Date
Re: Yacc / Bison difficulties  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
I was trying to make a minor change today to the gram.y file to make
PostgreSQL recognize "DOUBLE" as a data type the way DB2 does.  I ran into
reduce / reduce conflicts using both of the methods I tried.

Having fought extensively with  Bison before on a SQL oriented language
translation project, I am amazed that you were able to get a grammar as
complex as PostgreSQL to work without major difficulty.

I was wondering about what the sense of the list would be to someday accepting
a rewrite using a hand-coded LL(k) recursive descent parser.  Anyone?
- Mark Butler