From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu: Third call for platform testing]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(cc'd the -hackers mailing list)

Thanks for the reports Matthew. There is a single failure in the
NetBSD/sparc64 test due to a problem in the reltime test (or in starting
the reltime test). There is a different failure in your NetBSD/sparc
test, but since you are not confident about your installation we'll wait
to diagnose that (unless this rings a bell with someone).

Anyone have suggestions for Mathew?
                    - Thomas

> for postgresql-7.1RC2.tar.gz, here is my `make check' for NetBSD/sparc64:
>
>      [ ... ]
>      reltime              ... FAILED
>      [ ... ]
> test horology             ... FAILED
>      [ ... ]
>      inherit              ... FAILED
>      [ ... ]
> test misc                 ... FAILED
>      [ ... ]
>
> =======================
>  4 of 76 tests failed.
> =======================
>
> digging into the regression.diffs, i can see that:
>         - reltime failed because it just had:
> ! psql: Backend startup failed

Hmm. That one is a problem. Perhaps someone will have a suggestion?

>         - horology failed because of off-by-one errors somewhere:

Not a problem; I have an unintended dependency on daylight savings time,
which now causes this test to fail for everyone. The test itself should
be fixed for the release.

>         for several cases.  another failure here was due to:
> ! ERROR:  Relation 'reltime_tbl' does not exist
>         which i guess is caused by the first failure.

Yes, I think you are right.