Repairing bad table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wampler
Subject Repairing bad table?
Date
List pgsql-general
I need help - I've had a system crash that has left a table with some
invalid OIDs.  How do I clean this up?  If I try a vacuum analyze,
I get:

configdb=# vacuum analyze;
NOTICE:  Rel attributes_table: TID 3304/23: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
NOTICE:  Rel attributes_table: TID 3304/28: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
NOTICE:  Rel attributes_table: TID 3304/31: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
NOTICE:  Rel attributes_table: TID 3304/33: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
NOTICE:  Rel attributes_table: TID 3304/40: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
NOTICE:  Rel attributes_table: TID 3304/41: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
NOTICE:  Rel attributes_table: TID 3304/77: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 1.
FATAL 1:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.
configdb=#

Note: I have a Linux box with 1GB ram and another 480MB swap, process
   resources are:

->ulimit -a
cpu time (seconds)         unlimited
file size (blocks)         unlimited
data seg size (kbytes)     unlimited
stack size (kbytes)        8192
core file size (blocks)    1000000
resident set size (kbytes) unlimited
processes                  32766
file descriptors           1024
locked-in-memory size (kb) unlimited
virtual memory size (kb)   unlimited

   and shared memory is 128MB, so I'm reasonably confident that the FAQ on
   "Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()" doesn't apply.  Table only has 257000
   (more or less) rows.

   Any guidelines on how to repair the problem are *most* welcome!

   Thanks,
   Steve
--
Steve Wampler-  SOLIS Project, National Solar Observatory
swampler@noao.edu