Re: Various bugs with PG7.1 8th March snapshot on Solaris 8INTEL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Various bugs with PG7.1 8th March snapshot on Solaris 8INTEL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Peter,

Can't this be at least worked around by ./configure detecting there will
be a conflict (i.e. being compiled with OpenSSL support on Solaris or
Unixware) then creating something like #define
OPENSSL_DES_ENCRYPT_NAMESPACE_CONFLICT in the Makefile, and then having
crypt.c (etc) check for this and not #include <crypt.h> ?

Things compile fine without <crypt.h> being included, in the case of
OpenSSL support being needed.  As the problem appears to be in
already-released versions of OpenSSL, wouldn't the best approach be to
notify the OpenSSL guys (they're decent people, and CC'ing this now to
their developer list) and also work around the problem ourselves?

Regards and best wishes,

+ Justin Clift