Re: Re: hang on (was: New Book: PostgreSQL: The ElephantNever Forgets) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: Re: hang on (was: New Book: PostgreSQL: The ElephantNever Forgets)
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, yes, of course.  Let's all take a deep breath.  This was just miscommunication
on Joshua's part.  His company is publishing a Postgres book, which we should all be
very happy about.

To be clear:  He doesn't need anyone's permission to distribute Postgres, ours or
anyone else's.  He knows that - he's been using the software since Postgres95.  And
we know it too - Great Bridge has been 100% open source from the get-go, and always
will be.  I daresay just about everyone on this list knows it.

Joshua should have talked with us before bandying about our name in a press release
(there were factual errors in it, as well as the mis-use of our brand).  We've talked
with him, he's apologized, and we're convinced it was just an honest mistake.

Let's put this one to bed, please.  Non-issue.

Thanks,
Ned