Re: Some questions about PLpgSql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Some questions about PLpgSql
Date
List pgsql-sql
Jack,

> 2) check if an INSERT/UPDATE/ DELETE has done successfully?

This happens automatically, within a PL/pgSQL function.  If the
INSERT/UPDATE errors out, the function automatically halts.  Actually,
this kind of behaviour can be annoying the other way (sometimes one
doesn't care about the error).

Now, testing how many rows were inserted/updated/deleted ... that I'm
not sure about.  It would be nice to have a ROWS_AFFECTED returned from
a data manipulation query in PL/pgSQL, but I don't believe that that has
been implemented.

> Is there some more documents or samples for PLpgsql except  USER GUIDE and
> PostgreSQL Introduction & concept?

No. Some of us user-types are working on expanded documentation; until
then, you'll just have to muddle through.

-Josh Berkus

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology      josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions       (415) 565-7293  for law firms, small