Re: Data types? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Timothy H. Keitt
Subject Re: Data types?
Date
List pgsql-general
If you need to know the OID of a type (e.g., for use in libpq) I find

    select oid, typname from pg_type

useful.  By the way, what are all those types prefixed with an
underscore?  Are these ever delivered to a client?

Tim

Tom Lane wrote:

> Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@xtra.co.nz> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 12:29, Flemming Frøkjær wrote:
>>
>>> How do i find out what data types are available in PostgreSQL.
>>

>> Look in the regression tests. Interesting stuff.
>

> And there's always "select * from pg_type" ... not to mention the source
> code ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Timothy H. Keitt
Department of Ecology and Evolution