Re: RE: Re: [ADMIN] v7.1b4 bad performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: RE: Re: [ADMIN] v7.1b4 bad performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim Mikheev wrote:

>> Should this kind of usage be replaced in the future by
>> having backend id as a key and then doing delete by that
>> key in the end ?
>

> Isn't it what we have right now?

I meant doing it at the application level, not what backend does internally.

Like we are supposed to implement time-travel now that it is (mostly)
gone from core functionality :c)

> But I believe that in future we must remove
> modifications made by aborted transactions
> immediately, without keeping them till vacuum.
> So - yes: rollback of read-write transactions
> will take longer time.

but will

INSERT-DELETE-COMMIT
take longer than