general question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From root
Subject general question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

I am new to this mailing list and also to using PostgreSQL also. In the
past, I
was developing with MySQL, but have recently found that it will not do
everything that I need to go.

Being such, I have decided to migrate our application over to
PostgreSQL.

I am particularly interested in the PostgreSQL to extend the command set
as I
think that this will be a good way to write my C++ code so that not all
of the
queries will be running from the webserver, but instead will some of
them be
running on the database server.

SO, my question is this. I there some simple examples of writing some
extension
routines for the PostgreSQL and also I am looking for a way to
automatically
load the register definitions.

I read in the document that after creating the server-side library that
you
next need to register the functions within the server. Is there a way to
have
this done automatically by the server because I do not want to have to
manually
add these in each time.

Best Regards,
Lonnie