Re: Re: Turkish locale bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sezai YILMAZ
Subject Re: Re: Turkish locale bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

> Justin Clift <aa2@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> > How about thinking in the other direction.... is it possible for
> > PostgreSQL to be able to recognised localised versions of SQL queries?
>
> >  i.e. For a Turkish locale it associates "ýnsert" INSERT and "unýon"
> > with UNION.
>
> Hmm.  Wouldn't that mean that if someone actually wrote ýnsert,
> it would be taken as matching the INSERT keyword, not as an identifier?
> If I understood Sezai correctly, that would surprise a Turkish user.
> But if this behavior is OK then you might have a good answer.

This solution is simple and clear. But it is not a good solution,
I think. I don't prefer "ýnsert" to be understood as "INSERT" and
"unýon" as "UNION" in SQL keywords. I think this behaviour is not
OK.

It should be better to write functions isalpha_en(), isupper_en()
and tolower_en() which actually behave with English locale. Then
use these function in that block.

regards
-sezai