Re: floating point representationu - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: floating point representationu
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > But we run regress with the proper setting, right?> How does giving
> > > people the ability to change the defaults affect the regression tests?
> > >

> > Hmm I'm afraid I'm misunderstanding your point.
> > If the default float4(8) output format would be the
> > same as current output format then we would have no
> > problem with the current regress test. But there
> > could be a choise to change default output format
> > to have a large enough presision to distinguish
> > float4(8).
>
> But are they going to change the default to run the regression tests?
> How do they change it?  in ~/.psqlrc?

Probably there's a misunderstanding between you and I
but unfortunaltely I don't understand what it is in my
poor English.
Anyway in my plan(current format as default) there would
be no problem with regress test at least for 7.1.

Regards,
Hiroshi Inoue