Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Brice Ruth
Subject Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Here's some more details:

The following query:

SELECT * FROM tblpemdruglink WHERE drugid = 'DG-5039';

returns the following results:
drugid  | monographid
---------+-------------DG-5039 | 2008
(1 row)

the following query:

SELECT * FROM tblfdbmono WHERE monographid='2008' AND versionid='FDB-PE' AND category='PEM';

returns the following results:
versionid | category | monographid | sequencenumber | sectioncode |                            linetext

-----------+----------+-------------+----------------+-------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
{content}

sorry, the {content} is what's under NDA :(

In any case, you can see the structure of the tables tblpemdruglink and
tblfdbmono from here.

Now the following query:

SELECT sequencenumber,sectioncode,linetext FROM tblfdbmono fdb, tblpemdruglink pem WHERE
fdb.monographid=pem.monographidAND  fdb.versionid='FDB-PE' AND  fdb.category='PEM' AND  pem.drugid='DG-5039';

Should return the same results as the second query above.  However, this
is what I get:
sequencenumber | sectioncode | linetext
(0 rows)

And it takes about 3-4 seconds to return with that prognosis.  What's
going on here?

-Brice

--
Brice Ruth