gmail screenshot...and Exchange server for linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Franck Martin
Subject gmail screenshot...and Exchange server for linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
What a suprise to see my e-mail as part of the screenshot of Gmail...

In a moment I thought that you had written a custom script that overide
the gif to make it look like it is coming from me by extracting info
from my http session...

Gmail looks great except it doesn't do IMAP which I need to access my
Exchange server...

A few ideas now:
-If you use a "more serious" database with user permissions (like
Postgresql), then you can create a view per user on a general store
table.
-Then you create a local delivery program to sendmail or postfix, that
take the e-mail and insert it into the database.
-Then you add some procedures and rules to the database, so that users
can create custom rules to process the incoming messages.

The result, you have created Exchange Server for Linux very quickly...

Keep the good work.
Cheers.
Franck Martin
franck@sopac.org