Database tables disappeared. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Klopp
Subject Database tables disappeared.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I was woundering if any of you have seen this problem.

I have been running a system using a postgres 6.5 database. After a while
I realized the system wasn't very active so I looked into it. I tryed to view
all the tables in the database using the \d command, but it return:

- Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!

So I then tried to do a select statement from the table, which worked,
although no data was returned, but the table structure was correct.

I have backed up my database and have been trying to recover my data with no
luck. I am able to vacuum the tables and have it tell me that there are
several those tuples in each table, yet I still cant view the data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stefan Klopp

ecmarket