Re: Connection pooling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles DAROLD
Subject Re: Connection pooling
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Just to repeat that we have this stuff enabled using perl and mod_perl for a
very
long time. Just try to declare all your vars as global (without my or local)
and
see what's append between apache child process :-)

But as I know Apache::DBI doesn't do db connexion pooling, this is a
mistake.
It just allows you to create persitante connexion. But you can declare
multiple
persistante connection and do a random access to each one if your really
need
to play with that. Personnaly I never had to use that, but I think that with
a site
with a large amout of simoultaneous user it can be usefull.

Regards