Re: Troubles with performances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lémery
Subject Re: Troubles with performances
Date
List pgsql-general
>> Woops, I forgot to say that of course I use a connection pooling.
>> Just 5 connections are pooled.
>>> How many http connections per second are you getting?
>> 200
>
> Uh, so all of those http connections have to wait till one of the five
> database connections is free?  Maybe that's your bottleneck.  Try
> increasing the number of DB connections to something consistent with
> the traffic level.

Oddly, increasing the number of connections pooled doesn't increase
performance and if I create too much connections (e.g. 15 or 20,
performance decrease).

I don't know why... because all my queries try to access to the same
table and sometime the same record (a problem with the lock ??)

Thanx.

Guillaume