Question about 'copy' and datetime - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Carolyn Lu Wong
Subject Question about 'copy' and datetime
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'm using V6.5.

I find that when I try to restore a backup database (done by pg_dump),
the datetime value seem inconsistent. I've checked the dumped file,
the data seems alright. However, the imported date is +16hr of the
date in the data file.

The system uses EST. The data dumped also has EST postfix. Is this a
bug or there are other options I need to set?

fyi, the command used in the backup script
pg_dump -c -u -f $BACKUP_FILE $DATABASE

and the command used in the restore script
psql -e -u -f $BACKUP_FILE  $DATABASE