Re: deferred constraints failing on commit - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Richards
Subject Re: deferred constraints failing on commit
Date
List pgsql-sql
Here is a test case that illustrates the problem. I figured I was
doing it all wrong before and didn't bother to distill and include a
test case.

create table objects(
revisionid int4,
primary key (revisionid));

create table objcatalog(
minrev int4,
maxrev int4,
foreign key (minrev) references objects(revisionid) INITIALLY
DEFERRED,
foreign key (maxrev) references objects(revisionid) INITIALLY
DEFERRED);

insert into objects values (999);
insert into objcatalog values (999,999);

begin;
SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;
update objects set revisionid=1;
insert into objects values (999);