Re: importing of ISO file to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Max Pyziur
Subject Re: importing of ISO file to Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Sharmad Naik wrote:
>
> Dear Sir,
>     I m doing a library management program using Postgresql as backend. We are
> given an ISO 2709 format flat file which is only a books dbase which is to be
> converted to postgres format
>     My Q is that where should I import the file ? Please if possible specify
> the file or directory where it is to be imported ? Possibly if u have time
> please explain me the whole process out of ur time....

Generally, I use the COPY command to import data; see
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user/c49294939.htm
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user/sql-copy.htm
for documentation on how to use it.

I'm involved in a similar library project; would you mind sharing the schema of
your database?

Much thanks.

--
Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
pyz@brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/