Inheritance and Foreign Keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
Subject Inheritance and Foreign Keys
Date
List pgsql-general
Here's my situation: I have the following relation

table A -----<>------ table B
             1:N

I created the two tables, and a foreign key from A into B. Now I want to
create other tables that inherit from B, but I want that the relation
exists for all of them. For that, I created another table, C, that had
just one field and inherited from B. No errors showed up, but it didn't
complain when I inserted some data into C without the corresponding one
in A!!

Is it possible to do what I intended?

Thanks

--