Re: Sample databases? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Sample databases?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What do you guys use?

The regression database, which you can augment with some "insert into x
select * from x;" commands. It would also be useful to have a "database
generation" script, but of course this would be cooked data.

> Perhaps we can create a substantial test database? (Millions of records,
> many tables, and a number of relations.) So when we see a problem, we
> can all see it right away. I like "real world" data, because it is often
> more organic than randomized test data, and brings out more issues. Take
> index selection during a select, for instance.

The regression database is such a beast, but is not large enough for the
millions of records kinds of tests.

Suggestions?
                    - Thomas