Re: OK, does anyone have any better ideas? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject Re: OK, does anyone have any better ideas?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Snow wrote:

> Could you perhaps post the code you have for splitting a text field up into
> keys, then I could work on turning into a new type of index with a new
> operator, as Tom suggested?
>
> (Or is this already what the text search code in contrib already does??)

Go to a search engine like lycos, alltheweb, or altavista. This is the
type of search capability I want to use in Postgres. I have it working
as a stand-alone daemon, it is fast and produces very relevant results.
I just thought that this sort of functionality would be a big plus if I
could tie it down deep in Postgres.

The big advantage to the code is high relevance, boolean operations, and
very very high speed operation. If I could get easy Postgres record
selection out of it, it would rock.

--
http://www.mohawksoft.com