select cash_out('2'); crashes backend on 7.0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mark Stosberg
Subject select cash_out('2'); crashes backend on 7.0.2
Date
Re: select cash_out('2'); crashes backend on 7.0.2  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

 I was just experimenting, trying to see if I could find a function that
would format a numeric value like 'money' with Postgres 7.0.2. Here's
what happened:

######
cascade=> select cash_out(2);
        before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.
######

The same thing happened with Postgres 6.5.3. Here's my full version:
PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.96

I'm sure if what I tried is even valid input, but I'm guessing this is
not a desired result in any case. :)

Thanks for the great software and good luck with this!

A frequent Postgres user,

  -mark

personal website             }      Summersault Website Development
http://mark.stosberg.com/    {      http://www.summersault.com/