backup and store oids - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gabriel Lopez
Subject backup and store oids
Date
List pgsql-general
    Hi all, I'm using postgresql-7.0.2 on Linux RedHat 6.2 system.

    I need help to some question:

    1. I have problem insert oid object in a table, not always,
sometimes. I have the exception

        FastPath call returned FATAL 1:  my bits moved right off
        Recreate index pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index.

         I also have this problem on Solaris 7. It appear with a simple
table as a:
        create table ttest (pkey int8, test oid);

    2. When backup my database use:
            pg_dump dbname > dbname.pgdump

        but when restore it:
            cat dbname.pgdump | psql dbname

        oid objets are not restore correctly
        There's any other way to backup oid objects?

    Thanks, Gabi.

--
Gabriel López Millán
Facultad de Informática -Universidad de Murcia